> Climate Change
> Related COG Programs
Other Related COG Programs
- Climate and Energy Outreach Coordination Workgroup -
The purpose of the Climate and Energy Outreach Coordination Workgroup is to share information about energy outreach plans and messaging in the Washington region. Participants in the work group are electric and gas utilities, state energy offices, state utility regulators, local governments and COG. The participants are developing or implementing communication plans to promote energy efficiency and conservation to residents/customers in the metropolitan Washington region.
The workgroup meets quarterly.
- Intergovernmental Green Building Group (IGBG) - Charged to foster cooperation on green building issues throughout the Metropolitan Washington region, the IGBG developed the Green Building report which offers recommendations to help move the region towards a greener environment.
- Energy Advisory Committee (EAC) - The Energy Advisory Committee addresses a wide range of regional energy concerns for local governments. The Strategic Energy Plan makes recommendations for balancing long-range demand with long-range supply through energy efficiency conservation and new technology.
- Recycling and Solid Waste Committee - Learn what the region is doing to address waste management issues and to educate residents about recycling.
- The Metropolitan Washington Air Quality Committee (MWAQC) is charged with coordinating the air quality activities and preparing the State Implementation Plan (SIP) for the the DC-MD-VA Metropolitan Statistical Area. The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) provides technical assistance to CEEPC, including revising the regional greenhouse gas emissions inventory.
- COG's Urban Forestry - Learn more about how to preserve the region's forestry resources and about the new Green Infrastructure Demonstration Project.