||Planning Data & Technical Services Program Dir.
||Dept. of Transportation Planning
||$100,742 - $144,766
The Council of Governments' Department of Transportation Planning (DTP) is seeking a Planning Data and Technical Services Program Director to provide
strategic direction for the departmentís planning data and technical services programs and lead a 10+ person team of professional staff in achieving goals in
these work program areas.
The Planning Data and Technical Services Program Director will:
- Serve as an adviser to the DTP Director on matters relating to planning data, analysis methodologies and regional growth and travel trends.
- Meet regularly with the DTP Director, other DTP program directors and managers on emerging planning data needs and issues.
- Plan, direct and oversee the development of data and technical assistance work program activities and budgets and seek funding support for their
- Direct and coordinate efforts to improve the quality and usefulness of departmental survey and land use forecasting data to support enhanced
transportation modeling and other strategic work program objectives.
- Interpret changes in regional growth and travel trends based on analyses of Census, travel survey and forecast land use and transportation data.
- Make informative presentations to the Transportation Planning Board (TPB), other policy committees and technical committees involved in the regionís
transportation planning process.
- Establish design and implementation standards for transportation surveys and other specialized data collection efforts.
- Oversee the development and application of geographic information systems technology for transportation planning activities and data dissemination.
- Meet with federal, state, local and regional transportation agency staff on their data and technical assistance needs and oversee the conduct of staff and
consultant technical assistance provided to these agencies.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Masterís degree in in Transportation Planning or related quantitative, technical, planning or management discipline and eight or more years of
progressively responsible experience in the development, analysis and interpretation of demographic, economic, land use, transportation and spatially
referenced data for use in transportation planning and/or related fields.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the use of data, technical methods and computer technology in planning activities.
- Extensive knowledge of statistical methods and forecasting techniques.
- Knowledge of and experience with transportation survey methods and practice.
- Knowledge of other data collection methodologies and processing practices.
- Knowledge of geographic information systems.
- Knowledge of regional planning principles and practices including the socio-economic implications of planning.
- Skill in applying information technology and technical methods to the analysis of transportation and land use planning issues.
- Skill in directing research and analysis programs and activities.
- Ability to secure cooperation of others in executing plans.
- Ability to speak and write effectively.
- Ability to present technical results in terms understandable to policy officials and staff.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered.
- Minimum three years supervisory and management experience
Go Back to Job Listings
Go to Online Job Application Form