> Community Services
> Committee Business
Description | Events Calendar | Documents | Past Documents | Member List
Substance Abuse & Mental Health Committee - Description
Welcome to the new Substance Abuse/Mental Health (SAMH) Committee Web site! Based on a 2007 needs assessment, this revitalized committee held its first Roundtable on July 25th, 2007. The topic of this first roundtable (which will be scheduled quarterly) was Co-Occurring Disorders Systems Change and Fairfax County Youth Survey. The roundtable was well attended and produced several committee goals.
You will find a summary of all roundtables as well as announcements for upcoming roundtables and meetings on this website. Please feel free to email A. Chevelle Glymph if you would like more information or have any questions.
We have no Roudtables currently scheduled. Please check back in the future.
Purpose of the Committee
- Promote regional collaboration regarding issues related to individuals with substance abuse/mental health disorders.
- Create an information sharing environment which enables a well-informed substance abuse/mental health community with representation from each jurisdiction.
- Provide quarterly roundtables on topics of common interest.
- Identify projects/deliverables that meet the needs of the multi-disciplinary SAMH community.
The revitalized SAMH Committee first met in July, 2007 and is composed of mental health and substance abuse management as well as direct service staff from the public and private sector in the COG region.
Click here for a complete member list.
If you are interested in joining the committee, please contact the Committee Chair: William Reidy, MSW
COSIG/ Co-Occurring Disorders System Change
District of Columbia Department of Mental Health
As a result of the July SAMH Roundtable, several future projects were identified:
- Grantee Forum: The goal of this project is to provide an information sharing forum for the recipients of grants throughout the National Capitol Region. What have grantees accomplished? What road blocks have they encountered and what strategies have they developed to overcome them? How can this committee be more involved?
- SAMH Services Survey: The goal of this project, to conduct a survey of regional services offered, is to identify strengths and weaknesses of the SAMH Community (prevention and treatment).
Co-Occurring Disorders Systems Change & Fairfax Youth Survey
For more information contact
A. Chevelle Glymph
Chief, Health and Substance Abuse Programs