Draft available for comment through Saturday, July 9, 2016
On June 9, 2016, the TPB released for public comment the draft 2016 National Capital Region Freight Plan.
The Freight Plan:
- Describes the role of freight in the region’s economy
- Provides an overview of the multimodal freight transportation system
- Describes the drivers of freight demand and resulting freight flows
- Discusses significant freight issues
- Serves as both a technical reference and a guide to future TPB freight planning activities
The Freight Plan includes:
- A set of regional freight policies
- A list of projects important for freight
- Recommendations for future freight planning actions
The deadline for public comments is 11:59 p.m. ET on Saturday, July 9, 2016. The TPB will be asked to approve the plan at its July 20 meeting.
The Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments (COG) fully complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related statutes and regulations prohibiting discrimination in all programs and activities. For more information, or to file a Title VI related complaint, see www.mwcog.org/publications/nondiscrimination.asp or call (202) 962-3200. If information is needed in another language, then contact (202) 962-3200.
El Consejo Metropolitano de Gobiernos de Washington (COG) cumple con el Titulo VI de la Ley sobre los Derechos Civiles de 1964 y otras leyes y reglamentos en todos sus programas y actividades. Para obtener informacion en espanol, o para someter una demanda relacionado al Titulo VI, visite nuestra pagina web www.mwcog.org/publications/nondiscrimination.asp o llame al (202) 962-3300. Para obtener informacion en otra idioma, llame al (202) 962-3200.
The 30-day comment period closes at 11:59 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 12. Please visit www.mwcog.org/CLRP2016 for more information about this year's CLRP update.